- 300g raq hazelnuts
- 180g Perfect Sweet xylitol
- 50g cacao powder or good quality cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40ml coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Spread hazelnuts evenly over a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, shaking the tray after 5 minutes so they roast evenly, until lightly browned.
- Place toasted hazelnuts on a clean tea towel or cloth. Rub in the towel to remove as much of the skins as possible. Transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the xylitol, cacao, salt, and coconut oil and process until smooth and creamy. Spoon in to a clean airtight container or jar. Keep Refrigerated.
Recipe tip: Not all the hazelnut skin will come away when you roll them in a tea towel. This method is just to remove the excess loose skin.